Flowers of black locust or false acacia (popularly knows as “The American Acacia”) is the source of blossom for the honey bees to collect pollen for making honey. Acacia honey is the most widely used variety of honey. Some of its characteristics and benefits are
- It is light coloured and looks like a liquid golden glass.
- It has a mild taste with vanilla flavor which allows it to blend with any recipe without altering the original taste.
- It hardly crystallizes due to its high fructose content.
- It has antioxidants which prevents cell damage.
- It is a traditional Russian medicine to cure several afflictions like kidney stone, insomnia, respiratory infection etc.